The Technical Account Manager is the point of contact between the new client prospects, existing clients, and The C2 Group. The Technical Account Manager is responsible for the overall business development target achievement in sales to both existing and support of new client bases. The Technical Account Manager will develop the high level plan and ensure all proposals and contracts are properly defined and delivered to achieve sales goals.
The C2 Group is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We support a flexible and remote work environment. Our preference for this position will be candidates located in Michigan or the Midwest allowing for occasional trips to Grand Rapids.
The C2 Group builds, integrates, and delivers business-critical web solutions that get the most from technologies, tools, and teams. Our primary focuses include UX/UI design, web and application development, cloud hosting, and ongoing support.
- Intentional – Intent drives how we engage our work and interact with others. Deliberate action, focus, willingness, empathy, and staying calm under pressure each exemplify being intentional. We seek to be purposeful in our actions and thoughtful in our delivery.
- Enthusiastic – Enthusiasm shapes our actions while demonstrating knowledge, passion, and confidence. Our work requires maintaining a realistic and positive vision for the future. Whether it’s in service to team or task, we look to engage with a positive focus and energy.
- Low Ego – Maintaining a low ego provides the right context for serving others. While we are all talented and unique contributors, we realize success is ultimately a team pursuit. We aspire to be accountable, receptive to feedback, and team-oriented.
Accountabilities of the Technical Account Manager:
Develop sales qualified leads and convert against new sales goals
- Liase with the sales department to win new business opportunities
- Engage in partner networking opportunities as a representative of C2
- Shape the overall sales management process to allow for internal support of scoping and documentation to help close sales
- Maintain opportunity status within CRM
- Strategic outreach to previous and existing client relationships
Manage account relationships
- Overall primary point of contact for client communication
- Work across department leads to identify and forecast client needs
- Manage the process to work with clients to reveal upcoming needs or goals that C2 can help accomplish
- Own the quarterly (or as needed) meeting with clients from a relationship perspective
- Ensuring the meeting is executed
- Establishing roles and responsibilities for supporting parts of the meeting
- Focusing on future/uncontracted work
Create and maintain account strategies / opportunities
- Establish annual goals for each account and a plan for how to achieve that goal through projects, ongoing support, or any other means of generating revenue
- Align account strategies against annual existing client sales goals
- Responsible for long term client growth against plan
- Maintain existing account opportunity status within CRM
Develop and manage proposals / pitch presentations
- Maintain pitch and proposal materials, working from standard boilerplate and customizing the sales approach to each client
- Drive the creation of sales proposals for any C2 leads. Use and refine current proposal language to craft documents from scratch or following a client-defined structure
- Ensure continuity between marketing messaging and sales materials
Contract management process execution
- Route legal documentation in support of closure of sales, specifically NDA, MSA and SOW documents
- Ensure correct and current contract templates are used in contract creation
- Consult internal staff in contract development as appropriate
- Manage contract negotiation process, elevating points as necessary to Sales and Marketing Director and Chief of Staff
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree specializing in business administration, IT, computer science or equivalent work experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience managing digital projects and account relationships.
- Experience translating technical information to non-technical users.
- High level understanding of digital project life cycle and resource allocation.
- Experience managing client relationships and overall satisfaction.
- Experience delivering sales pitches to clients, or similar experience.
- Understanding of resource planning and developing high level plans based on capacity.