Position Overview | Quality Assurance Analyst
The C2 Group is seeking a dedicated Quality Analyst to join our team. The Quality Analyst is responsible for supporting the planning and execution of test plans and test scripts. In addition, the Quality Analyst will work closely with various departments to perform and validate test cases based on quality requirements and recommend changes to predetermined quality guidelines. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the end product meets the minimum quality standards as defined per the test plan, is fully functional, and user-friendly.
A successful candidate should demonstrate strong attention to detail and have analytical and problem-solving abilities. In addition, they must be able to interpret and implement quality assurance standards and provide accurate and comprehensive feedback and user training to co-workers and clients.
The C2 Group is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We support a flexible and remote work environment. Our preference for this position will be candidates located in Michigan allowing for occasional trips to Grand Rapids.
The C2 Group builds, integrates, and delivers business-critical web solutions that get the most from technologies, tools, and teams. Our primary focuses include UX/UI design, web and application development, cloud hosting, and ongoing support.
- Intentional – Intent drives how we engage our work and interact with others. Deliberate action, focus, willingness, empathy, and staying calm under pressure each exemplify being intentional. We seek to be purposeful in our actions and thoughtful in our delivery.
- Enthusiastic – Enthusiasm shapes our actions while demonstrating knowledge, passion, and confidence. Our work requires maintaining a realistic and positive vision for the future. Whether it’s in service to team or task, we look to engage with a positive focus and energy.
- Low Ego – Maintaining a low ego provides the right context for serving others. While we are all talented and unique contributors, we realize success is ultimately a team pursuit. We aspire to be accountable, receptive to feedback, and team oriented.
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Analyst:
Create & Complete Test Plans
- Set up and execute test plans to ensure that all objectives are met
- Ensure that user expectations are met during the test plan process
- Record specific project quality requirements and document accordingly
Ensure Bug Free Solution
- Identify and remediate bugs and defects within the quality assurance process
- Monitor and recommend preventative and/or corrective action to ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved
- Investigate client complaints and product issues
- Log quality issues within C2 standardized toolsets as directed
Create and Use Automated Testing Scripts
- Implement test scripts to enhance the quality of the service or product
- Monitor test scripts to ensure all executables are current and up to date
- Optimize processes accordingly to streamline quality services and support
Conduct Product Testing and Client Adoption Support
- Conduct user training
- Support client inquiries and follow up
- Create leave-behind reference content
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree specializing in software development, IT, computer science or equivalent work experience
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience analyzing business processes to develop quality test plans
- Broad understanding of software engineering concepts, testing and methodologies is required
- Content Management System experience and ability to understand the difference between site requirements for CMS users and site users
- Experience translating technical information to non-technical users
- Prior experience testing web services/APIs
- Basic understanding in areas of application programming, database and system design, and how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other