The Front-End Web Developer will be responsible for the development execution of enterprise-level, browser-based websites, and web applications. Those successful in this role will have a complete understanding of front-end tech stacks with a general understanding of back-end development, content management systems, testing, documentation, deployment, and support for web-based solutions.
The C2 Group is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We support a flexible and remote work environment. Candidates must be located in Michigan, allowing for occasional trips to Grand Rapids.
The C2 Group builds, integrates, and delivers business-critical web solutions that get the most from technologies, tools, and teams. Our primary focuses include UX/UI design, web and application development, quality assurance, and continuous support and optimization.
- Intentional – Intent drives how we engage our work and interact with others. Deliberate action, focus, willingness, empathy, and staying calm under pressure each exemplify being intentional. We seek to be purposeful in our actions and thoughtful in our delivery.
- Enthusiastic – Enthusiasm shapes our actions while demonstrating knowledge, passion, and confidence. Our work requires maintaining a realistic and positive vision for the future. Whether it’s in service to team or task, we look to engage with a positive focus and energy.
- Low Ego – Maintaining a low ego provides the right context for serving others. While we are all talented and unique contributors, we realize success is ultimately a team pursuit. We aspire to be accountable, receptive to feedback, and team oriented.
Accountabilities of the Front-End Web Developer:
Develop Front-End Solutions Against Standards
- Develop solutions according to C2 specifications. Design and develop object models, methods, and properties based on the defined solution architecture.
- Design and develop integration points between custom and commercial applications/databases for web environments.
- Follow established standards for website design, development, and documentation. Present work output in a clear and concise manner.
Optimize Front-End Code for Performance
- Build responsive, efficient, and fast-loading pages.
- Apply best practices to create intuitive user interfaces.
- Researches, sets, and adheres to front-end web development standards with a focus on maximizing website performance.
- Optimizes code for performance by ensuring the performance is meeting projects KPIs.
Execute Design Into Pixel Perfect Static Website Prototype
- Effective use of tools, such as Figma and Zeplin, to inspect design files and generate media assets.
- Can efficiently create pixel-perfect front ends with the design files provided.
Recommend Design Modifications for Improved Functionality
- Collaborate with designers to gather requirements and evolve application design.
- Identify process gaps and provide continuous improvement suggestions to the Team Lead.
- Communicate and articulate solutions with internal parties to ensure a shared understanding.
Assist in Creation of Functional Specifications and Develop Against Specifications
- Assist the Quality Team by verifying the accuracy of functional specifications.
- Ensure the developed solution is ready for quality assurance by validating the product against the functional requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Troubleshoot issues by analyzing the problem and providing proper recommendations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree specializing in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in developer role.
- Experience with UX design and processes, Git, ECMAScript 6, SASS, SVGs.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma and Zeplin.
- Understanding of deploying and maintaining web solutions to the cloud (Azure, AWS, or other cloud service).