This position resides in C2’s Continuous Support and Optimization (CSO) services team. CSO works to engage with clients to help them improve on existing digital properties and optimize their investments. The Web Development Lead will be responsible for the continuation of sound development practices while mentoring mid-level and junior developers in the creation of well-crafted code.
The C2 Group is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We support a flexible and remote work environment. Our preference for this position will be candidates located in Michigan allowing for occasional trips to Grand Rapids.
The C2 Group builds, integrates, and delivers business-critical web solutions that get the most from technologies, tools, and teams. Our primary focuses include UX/UI design, web and application development, cloud hosting, and ongoing support.
- Intentional – Intent drives how we engage our work and interact with others. Deliberate action, focus, willingness, empathy, and staying calm under pressure each exemplify being intentional. We seek to be purposeful in our actions and thoughtful in our delivery.
- Enthusiastic – Enthusiasm shapes our actions while demonstrating knowledge, passion, and confidence. Our work requires maintaining a realistic and positive vision for the future. Whether it’s in service to team or task, we look to engage with a positive focus and energy.
- Low Ego – Maintaining a low ego provides the right context for serving others. While we are all talented and unique contributors, we realize success is ultimately a team pursuit. We aspire to be accountable, receptive to feedback, and team oriented.
Accountabilities of the CSO Web Development Lead:
Lead, Manage, and Hold the Web Development Team Accountable
- Support and promote the company values and culture.
- Recruit, reward, and recognize employees.
- Provide the necessary training opportunities, tools, and resources for the team’s success.
- Lead, coach, and manage direct reports.
- Give clear direction in weekly team checkpoints.
- Conduct individual “same page” reviews with direct reports.
- Manage performance feedback in quarterly conversations and annual performance reviews.
Align Solutions with DevOps Strategy
- Follow appropriate development methodologies and ensure compliance within the group including contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Serve as a primary voice for project approach and development methodologies for different types of projects.
- Develop and maintain structured process to include new technologies in projects.
Project Technical Ownership and Architect
- Create, collaborate, and own development plans against C2 and Industry standards.
- Oversee development and implementation of CSO initiatives against development/project plans.
- Provide technical leadership and support to client and internal teams.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure.
- Advise on maintenance of existing codebase and collaborate with team on use and updating of codebase.
Assist with Solving Technical Problems
- Recommend solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages.
- Ability to interface with clients on an as-needed basis
Maintain Industry Trends and Standards
- Look for new and emerging technologies that can be included in the process.
Develop Solutions Against Standards
- Maintain CMS certification.
- Write and encourage the creation of clean, well-engineered code that conforms to accepted standards.
Scope all Development Tasks
- Communicate status of projects/applications and give accurate data forecasts for projects and work items.
- Participate in project scoping process. Ensuring project scope fits with realities of coding the project.
- Meet with project managers and stakeholders to discuss project impediments, needed resources and/or issues/delays in completing project tasks.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree specializing in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) plus years of hands-on object-oriented design and programming experience, preferably in .NET development for web-based applications
- Experience in managing multiple projects and in multiple project management methodologies, including SCRUM-based Agile development
- Experience in guiding a technical team in diagnosing and solving technical problems related to content management implementation
- Experience leading a team of developers and a passion for mentoring developers
- Experience with both agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Experience developing and maintaining code standards
- Experience with test-driven-development (TDD)