The .NET Web Developer will be responsible for the development execution of the full life-cycle of creating commercially viable web applications including front and back end development, testing, documentation, deployment, and support of web-based solutions.
The C2 Group is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We support a flexible and remote work environment. Our preference for this position will be candidates located in Michigan or the Midwest area allowing for occasional trips to Grand Rapids.
The C2 Group builds, integrates, and delivers business-critical web solutions that get the most from technologies, tools, and teams. Our primary focuses include UX/UI design, web and application development, cloud hosting, and ongoing support.
- Intentional – Intent drives how we engage our work and interact with others. Deliberate action, focus, willingness, empathy, and staying calm under pressure each exemplify being intentional. We seek to be purposeful in our actions and thoughtful in our delivery.
- Enthusiastic – Enthusiasm shapes our actions while demonstrating knowledge, passion, and confidence. Our work requires maintaining a realistic and positive vision for the future. Whether it’s in service to team or task, we look to engage with a positive focus and energy.
- Low Ego – Maintaining a low ego provides the right context for serving others. While we are all talented and unique contributors, we realize success is ultimately a team pursuit. We aspire to be accountable, receptive to feedback, and team-oriented.
Accountabilities of the Web Developer:
Provide Technical Leadership and Support to Client and Internal Teams
- Troubleshoot issues by analyzing the problem and providing proper recommendations.
- Manage enhancements for deployed solutions using creative problem-solving.
- Identify process gaps and provide continuous improvement suggestions to Web Development Lead.
Assist with Front End Development
- Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms to accepted standards.
Scope Medium to Large Development Tasks
- Participate in project scoping process, ensuring project scope fits with realities of coding the project.
- Meet with project managers and stakeholders to discuss project impediments, needed resources and/or issues/delays in completing project tasks.
- Assist and provide feedback on scope of projects.
- Communicate status of projects/applications and give accurate data forecasts for projects and work items.
Complete Medium to Large Development Tasks Within Scope
- Properly document solutions per the identified proven process.
- Communicate with clients through ticket system in a way that is helpful and understandable to a client.
- Communicate and articulate solutions with internal parties to ensure shared understanding.
- Participate in research and development of new technologies.
- Translate functional specifications into the build specifications within time and budget constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with and support the needs of the project team members/managers.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
Complete Development Tasks with Minimal Quality Issues
- Develop solutions according to specifications. Design and develop object models, methods, and properties based on the defined architecture solution.
- Design and develop integration points between custom and commercial applications/databases primarily for web environments.
- Design and develop appropriate data schemas to support custom solutions and reporting needs.
- Optimize code for performance by ensuring the performance is meeting projects KPIs.
- Conduct proof-of-concept work for new product ideas.
- Ensure the developed solution is ready for quality assurance by validating the product against the functional requirements.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
Execute Development Tasks with No Direction
Assist in Development of Functional Specifications
- Author functional specifications used to focus development team efforts throughout a project.
- Work with teams to define client needs and ensure client requirements are being met.
Develop Solutions Against Standards
- Maintain multiple CMS certifications.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree specializing in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) plus years of hands-on object-oriented design and programming experience, preferably in .NET development for web-based applications
- Fluency in back end technologies consisting of C#, ASP.NET.
- Experience with UX design and processes, Git, ECMAScript 6, SASS, SVGs.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma and Zeplin.
- Experience deploying and maintaining web solutions to the cloud (Azure, AWS, or other cloud service).